The French Consulate on your campus
When possible, the consulate accepts speaking engagements requested by university professors that are adapted to the targeted topic and audience.
In general, the cultural service proposes a PowerPoint in two part which shares the reasons to study French then gives an overview of opportunities offered by learning this language: studying abroad, the teaching assistants in France program, cultural activities with the presentation of major festivals and IT tools to stay informed on Francophone news. These presentations are also an occasion to meet the cultural and education services and to discuss possible opportunities for cooperation. In order to assure a written trace of the presentation, documents are distributed to students and professors.
If your institution would be interested in having a consular agent present to students, please contact the Cultural Services.
Education and University Affairs Presentions:
- The Education System in France and Opportunities for You. Kennesaw State University, GA (14 Oct 2011).
- Educational Opportunities in France. Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA (23 Oct 2012).
- Presenting the Consulate General of France in Atlanta. University of East Carolina, Greenville, NC, (8 Nov 2012)
- France and the French Language, a Source of Opportunities, University of West Georgia. Carrolton GA, (26 Nov 2012)
- France and the French Language, a Source of Opportunities, University of West Georgia, Clayton University, Morrow, GA, (24 Jan 2013)
- Oglethorpe University, Atlanta, GA (16 Aug 2013)
- Young Harris College, GA (05 Sept 2013)
- University of Georgia, Athens, GA (04 Oct 2013)
- Atlanta Metropolitan College, Atlanta, GA (14 Oct 2013)
- Kennesaw State University, Atlanta, GA (04 Nov 2013)
- Lincoln Memorial University, TN (26 Nov 2013)
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA (02 Dec 2013)
- Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA (03 Dec 2013)
- University of West Georgia, GA (10 March 2014)
- Clemson University, Clemson, SC (12 March 2014)
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA (28 March 2014)