You may apply for a visa at the Consulate General of France in Atlanta if you are a resident in the following states: Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee (please provide a copy of your driving license).
No, if you are a citizen of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or from :
|San Marino||South Korea||United States|
Yes, if you are citizen of any country not listed above.
Note that you may only apply for a visa at the Consulate General of France in Atlanta if you are a resident or based out of Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina or Tennessee.
For security reasons, all applicants have to appear personally at the Consulate General of France in Atlanta.
The visa section is open to the public on an appointment basis, with no walk-ins allowed.
Make an appointment by clicking here.
To use the system, the following configuration is required :
Firefox 1.0 and higher
Mozilla 1.7.8 and higher
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher
Adobe Acrobat reader and higher
IF YOU CANNOT PRINT YOUR CONFIRMATION RECEIPT IT IS NOT A PROBLEM. Simply show up on the date and time of your appointment .
No appointment can be made by phone or by e-mailing us. If you are not able to attend, please free a slot by canceling your appointment.
Make sure you bring all the required documents when coming to the Consulate General.
Processing time depends on your citizenship.
15 to 21 days is the average processing time if you are a citizen from :
|Qatar||US Re-entry permit||US Refugee travel doc|
|Yemen||United Arab Emirates||Vietnam|
Applications can be processed up to 3 months from your departure date.
- Please provide us with the original + 1 copy of each document. The visa section does not make any copies, you must bring your documents and the required copies.
- Original passport or travel document (+ one copy of the identity pages). Your passport must have been issued less than 10 years ago, be valid for at least three months after your return to the US and have at least 2 blank visas pages left.
- Processing fee.
- One application form filled out completely and signed by the applicant (please read carefully the explanations).
- One ID picture (white background, full face, no glasses nor hat, closed mouth)
- If you are not an american citizen, a valid U.S. permanent residence card ("green card") or a valid U.S. visa with valid I-94 / valid I-20, or an Advance Parole document.
- Recent fully typed letter from your employer confirming which airport you are based out of.
- Photocopy of your airport I.D. card.
- Photocopy of your driver’s license.
- A self-addressed prepaid EXPRESS MAIL envelope from FEDEX and UPS. The Consulate General of France in Atlanta cannot be held responsible for loss of mail leaving the consulate.
Please stick the mailing label on the envelope and fill out as follows :
Your full name
The visa issued will be valid for up to 5 years, according to the expiry date of your passport.
The consular administration has full authority to evaluate and request more documents than those submitted by the applicant.
Please be aware that submitting the aforementioned documents does not guarantee the approval of the visa.
Please note that holders of Schengen visas are still subject to immigration control upon first entry into a Schengen country. The visa itself does not grant the right to enter the Schengen space.